grandma johnson's chocolate chip cookies
lois johnson (via kimberley lovato)
Recipe type: dessert
Serves: approximately 24 cookies
The nuts are optional, and the flour, salt and baking powder should be mixed thoroughly, according to my grandma.
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Crisco butter stick
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda with a whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, mix the Crisco and both sugars to a creamy consistency.
- Beat the eggs in a small dish and add to mixture along with the vanilla. Mix well.
- Adding a small amount at a time, mix in the flour mixture until all are mixed together.
- Add the nuts and chocolate chips and stir until all are mixed in.
- Place on baking sheet by heaping teaspoons.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.