Hugo Dos Santos
Recipe type: Dessert
Here is one of my grandmother’s favorite recipes. She loved to make it every Christmas.
- 6 cups flour
- 3 oz yeast
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ lb butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- Optional: ½ cup aguardente
- Start by mixing the flour and yeast together; add salt. Mix these well, then add milk (and aguardente, if using).
- Add the eggs, butter, and honey slowly. Let rise for one to two hours.
- Pull off various pieces and fry in hot oil.
- Drain on towels and sprinkle with cinnamon and confectioner’s sugar.